With the recent passing of its Chief Executive Officer and Chair, Edgar F. Kaiser Jr.
, the Kaiser Foundation has had to wind down its operations, effective March 31, 2012.
As a result, the Kaiser Foundation’s National Awards for Excellence Program in Mental Health and Addictions Initiatives
has been suspended; however, its Board members remain committed to finding a way to pay tribute to the achievements and innovative initiatives advanced through the Foundation. 2011 winners include:
- Excellence in Public Policy - Eugene Oscapella. Oscapella and Associates Consulting Ltd. (Ontario)
- Excellence in Community Programming - Vancouver Area Network of Drug Users (BC)
- Excellence in Indigenous Programming - Peter Menzies, Clinical Head, Aboriginal Services, Addictions Program, Centre of Addiction and Mental Health (Ontario)
- Excellence in Mental Health and Substance Use Programming - McGill University Health Centre, Department of Psychiatry, Addictions Unit (Quebec)
- Excellence in Leadership - Sherry Mumford, Director of Clinical Programs for Addictions Services, Maple Ridge Treatment Centre (British Columbia)
- Excellence in Youth Leadership - Vanessa Campbell, (British Columbia)
- Excellence in Media Reporting - William J. Macphee, CEO Founder of Magpie Media, (Ontario)
- Excellence in RCMP Leadership - RCMP Staff Sergeant Rick Wychreschuk, Member Employee Assistance Program Coordinator (Saskatchewan)